Tuesday, December 2, 2008

what we've been up to





Tonight new friends Paul and Joanie came for dinner. Good friends Joy, John, and Melissa came as well. It was a lot fun. Amazingly, I was still able to pull together enough greens from both gardens for a salad. A few straggling swiss chard leaves from the community garden, and a few tiny lettuces from the front yard.

Dante' and I have acquired a new skill. Our friends Dawn, Annie, and Shannalee taught us to crochet. It is really quite addicting. Not easy at first, then so much fun! My first finished project was a tiny dishcloth. Dante' easily topped me by making two of them and turning them into a potholder. Nicely done.

The pictures here represent the last efforts of our garden and the first efforts at crocheting. Please note Maxwell's french radishes. He grew them himself and is so proud of them.

Also pictured are the cranberries Dante and I canned ourselves. They look so bright and beautiful.

1 comment:

krazykid said...

You spelled my name rong... its MALISA!!!