A few days ago I related to a friend that I was excited to start canning peaches. She kind of looked at me funny and said "How long have you been canning?". I told her last season was my first and she smiled. Now I know why....
1. It gets old fast.
2. You become a slave to your produce. Since veggies and fruits are oh-so- perishable,it becomes necessary to put everything else on hold to deal with them.
3. While your dealing with fruits and veggies, the rest of your house(and life) falls to the wayside. You wake up at the end of the day from a steam induced fog and realize that your house, laundry and dishes are dirty. bummer.
Having said all that, I wouldn't change a thing. The payoff comes later, I know. But for now, don't expect much of me. And if you come over to visit, kindly pretend you don't notice the mess.
grins,
-E
Planning for the Future
-
It was a very hot day in Memphis, and my sister Joy and I had a most
unpleasant, sticky task...cleaning out our mom's attic. In the years
following Mom...
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment