So here's a hard look at the some of my less than productive efforts:
1. The goats- Despite my lofty declarations of a future filled with goat cheese and goat's milk soap, I produced nothing. The problem? As they say in the real estate world, Location..Location...Location. As I live in the city(no backyard goats allowed), driving several miles a day to milk a goat ain't gonna happen.
2. Growing eggplant didn't produce more than 2 small fruits. The miniature pomegranate died, and the mini blueberry plant has yet to do much of anything.
3. Home made bath soaps- Lots of fun, but too time consuming for me to do very often.
4. Our rabbits- We certainly aren't going to eat them, but we don't really have time to play with them. They just sit there creating fertilizer all day. Which I suppose isn't entirely a bad thing.......
Live and learn what works for you. Lackluster results give us valuable information that we can use to our advantage.
Never give up, always try something new. And don't forget to have fun!
love,
-EJ
Planning for the Future
-
It was a very hot day in Memphis, and my sister Joy and I had a most
unpleasant, sticky task...cleaning out our mom's attic. In the years
following Mom...
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment