
Maxwell has three older brothers and one older sister at home. All of them teenagers. This has afforded him a decided edge in language development. Paxson and I have always loved the fine art of "word-smithing", and it appears Max will be no exception. Even still, this little boy has the ability to completely stun me. Not with his big, multi-syllable words. Not with his intellectual concepts. But with the beautiful , simple expression of a three year old.
Last week, Max brought me to near tears by proclaiming "I'm really enjoying growing up." Wow. That is the first time I have ever been told that. It was the nicest thing I've ever heard.
Just this evening, as we walked from the van to the house, Maxwell's little voice from behind me offered "This is a nice place to grow up." Stunned again.
I am generously told "I love you" and even "your beautiful" by my little one on a regular basis. Then he directs me to keep quiet about it. "It's just our little secret" he tells me. Fine with me.
So, if you wouldn't mind, please don't tell anyone. Its just our little secret.
grins,
-EJ

2 comments:
that's really sweet :)
THAT IS SO SWEET
Post a Comment