
This is another one of those tips for saving money and being 'green'. The idea came from my 91 year old grandfather. He eats a lot (and I mean a lot) of TV dinners. Then he takes the containers they come in and trims them into sheets of paper. They are beautiful white on one side. That's the side you write on.
True, the backside is read and says "Swanson" or some such thing, but if your writing grocery or to-do lists, its perfect. My three- year- old uses them to color on. My daughter uses them for scratch paper, and we keep score on them when playing cards.
If you, like us, don't eat many TV dinners, I am sure there are plenty of food boxes and containers that can be re-used in a similar manner. Cereal, mac-n-cheese, etc.
Yeah, it sounds like a weird idea. When my grandfather first gave me a couple pounds worth of this stuff I didn't think I would use it. WRONG! Give it a try. Then pat yourself on the back for sensible re-cycling and money saving.
-EJ
Ps- This tv dinner painting is a print by Jennifer Mazur available on www.imagekind.com

2 comments:
that is one I had never heard before.
Leave it to grampy to find do that. Makes since though!
Post a Comment