Poor February, it has always been my most hated month. (August comes second.) My prejudice comes with good reason. The holidays are over, the cold weather is no longer novel and on the Oregon coast it's all about the rain.
There are no more mushrooms to pick, it's too cold to go fishing and crabbing. Ordering seeds and garden planning for spring brings just a little satisfaction.
And boy, does cold weather up the crazy quotient at my house! Max, in lieu of constructive outdoor time, cruises the upstairs looking for ways to make me scream "knock it off", "put that down!" or "Be quiet".
Every time the UPS truck rounds our corner, Dante' and I are pressed against the living room window like hungry homeless children. When the package turns out to be for the lady across the street, we turn ugly.
Even the dog hates February. Rex is so disgusted with only being allowed outside to pee, he has taken to running away. The next door neighbor keeps a fabulous smorgasbord of cat food on her front porch. Whenever I can't find Rex, he's there.
Only my 16 yr. old, William seems to handle this weather well. He sleeps. When he's not in school, he sleeps.
I'm going to bed. Wake me up when the temp rises above 65.
-EJ
Planning for the Future
-
It was a very hot day in Memphis, and my sister Joy and I had a most
unpleasant, sticky task...cleaning out our mom's attic. In the years
following Mom...
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment