7/9/08
My husband and I just got back from dinner at Lyle and Annie's. Excellent food, great company. I created this account in January only to let it sit idle for months. Annie was actually my inspiration to get this thing off the ground. Most likely I will be the only one reading it. That could be a blessing in disguise.
Paxson's birthday party is Friday. Dante' and I will attempt a 3 layered square cake, frosted and decorated with seashells. I love the Oregon coast and work that theme as much as possible. In March, William had to suffer his 16th birthday with a lavendar cake covered in sugared violets. Really it's his fault for having been born during violet season.
yes, I know this blog is called Eating Oregon. I love the food network and I figure if Mario can eat Italy,and looks as though he may have, I can eat Oregon. Okay, not literally but you get my point. Berry season is coming on. Soon we will picking salmonberries, thimbleberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Fall will bring rain and millions of lovely little edible mushrooms. Anytime is great to go crabbing. The best things in life are free right here on the Oregon coast and I intend to make the most of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment