Monday, October 20, 2008

Expanded Menagerie

We finally did it. We found, and purchased two Nubian goats. They are lovely little doe-lings , just now old enough to breed.

Robin and Locksley, (formerly known as Lacey and Penelope) are sweet little girls and we love them already. Robin is friendly and affectionate. She has quite the personality. Locksley can't bear to be separated from Robin and is rather standoffish with us two-legged types.

The goats are officially Dante's 14th birthday present. Now comes the task of caring for the little beggars. I'll continue to post our successes and failures as new goat owners. This should get interesting.

Always tired but never bored,
EJ

2 comments:

Martha Smith said...

How totally interesting! Are you going to milk them? Well DuH! I guess you are. Those square pupils freak me out. Good luck on this new project. Once again, you amaze me on your endeavors. How I enjoy reading about things.

Shannon said...

I LOVE goats, I miss my dad's goat Bill that he had :( Have fun with them!