Sunday, February 8, 2009

The coolest fire starter ever!


For all you closet pyros out there, I got this nifty trick from my sis who learned it in girl scouts. Or was it summer camp? Anyway, here it is :

CHEAP, EFFECTIVE FIRESTARTER

* dryer lint
* egg cartons
* paraffin wax

1. stuff the egg carton with lint.
2. melt paraffin and pour over the lint-filled carton.
3. Cut into individual squares.

directions-light one square to start your kindling. Each square burns about 10-15 minutes. By then, your fire will be going strong.


So how cool is that? Maybe I need a hobby but I seriously get stoked over ways to use things we normally throw away. So that's it. If I get any more gems like this one, I will pass them on to you.

2 comments:

JessZ said...

Sounds fun! If you happen to have a frito laying around those puppies start fires pretty easily to. Weird but true!

Anonymous said...

Jess, that's hysterical. I swear I am gonna buy some fritos just to try it.
grins,
Ellen