
Every spring asparagus and strawberries are cheap and plentiful. Take advantage of this tiny window of opportunity and buy all you can! Make strawberry shortcake. Bake your own shortcakes or put the strawberries over slices of pound cake, sponge cake-whatever.
Get brave and buy a flat of strawberries, mason jars and pectin. You'll enjoy the taste of spring every time you eat your own home-made strawberry jam. If the jam doesn't set, it will still make fabulous ice cream topping. Don't you just love a win-win situation?
And then there is asparagus. Don't get me started, I could wax philosophical about asparagus for hours. Steam it and eat it plain. Better yet, go Italian and simply broil it for a few minutes after coating it in a fruity extra-virgin olive oil. Or, my favorite, dip it into the velvety yolk of coddled eggs for breakfast. sigh.....
Tomorrow I'll post a few recipes.
'Night all
-E

1 comment:
I like asparagus, i just don't like the aftermath. We (the CNA's) used to joke around when I was working at Providence St. Vincent, that we knew when the kitchen was mad at us, because they would put asparagus on the menu for patients. *cringe*
Post a Comment