Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Eating fresh strawberry pie

I promised y'all some recipes and didn't deliver. So tonight I will make good on my promise. But let's address two things first:

1. I have no idea why the font looks like this and can't seem to fix it.

2. Don't bust me for saying "y'all". I may live in Oregon but I grew up in Florida! ;)

That aside, here is a recipe for one of my favorites, (aren't they all?) fresh strawberry pie.


Fresh Strawberry Pie

1 Quart strawberries, green tips trimmed off
1 C sugar
2 TBSP flour
8 oz cream cheese
pinch of salt
dash or so of Milk
1 pie crust, already baked. Or you can cheat and use a graham cracker crust.

Put sugar, salt and flour in saucepan and cook over medium heat until thick. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese with just enough milk to soften it a little. When it is smooth and creamy, spread cream cheese mixture into the pie crust.

Now pour the thickened sugar, salt, flour mixture over the cream cheese. Take strawberries and stand them up over the surface of the pie. Chill and serve.

No comments: