Monday, August 25, 2008

miracles

It's funny how sometimes God is doing a work in our lives and we are completely oblivious. For months now, Phil and I have been struggling financially. This month things hit a crucial point when we couldn't make the mortgage payment. I trust God implicitly and knew that things would be okay one way or another, but I have to admit I wasn't confident that much, if anything was gonna get us out of this mess.

Phil's bank account had been WAY in the red for several weeks when he sold a guitar of his to help pay off some debt. Today, he showed up at the bank, and asked for information regarding his account. "What would you like to know?" The teller asked him. "Well, how far am I in the hole?", he asked. "Your not", she replied. Needless to say my husband was FLOORED. Someone had anonymously made a deposit into his account bringing it out of debt. And they had done it THREE WEEKS AGO. We never knew. We prayed and prayed for a miracle never knowing it had already happened. Praise God!

Today, a church couple asked us to drop by and we were blessed again! More miracles. Now, of course, I feel foolish. Why do I ever doubt God? It's not that I doubt God so much as it is that I feel unworthy of His blessings sometimes. Which is more foolishness, I know.

So now it is time to take my own advice: "Never underestimate the power of Jesus Christ in your life!" Never.

And God Bless those who blessed us.

gratefully,
-EJ

1 comment:

Martha Smith said...

God is good, isn't He? Praise the Lord for this.

Over the Hill