Earlier this evening we got word from the friends who board our goats- They seem likely to give birth sometime this weekend.
Basically what's going on is that they are showing some signs of being ready. Their udders are much larger, the babies have dropped, and their 'backsides' are a bit pouch-y.
Dante' and I grabbed poor sleepy Maxwell and loaded him in the van at 9:30 to rush out and see the 'girls'. When we got there John, Joy, and Melissa had literally thrown up a separate shelter for each goat in about 20 min. flat! I tell you what, if life gets dicey and I need something done on the fly, I'll call the Weber family. They hustle!
So we kissed and hugged all over Robin and Locksley. We made much of them while Dante' brushed their fur. They were so funny. They are acting just like pregnant women. One moment they are desperate for affection, the next they want nothing to do with you. But if you leave them alone they come looking for you. I guess women are women whether they have 2 legs or 4. (LOL)
Dante' and I have a youth group car wash all day tomorrow. But Dante' has her cell phone with her and if we get a call saying the girls are in labor- We are OUTTA THERE.
I'll keep y'all posted,
-E
Planning for the Future
-
It was a very hot day in Memphis, and my sister Joy and I had a most
unpleasant, sticky task...cleaning out our mom's attic. In the years
following Mom...
8 years ago

2 comments:
awe! congratulations! I laughed out loud with the women are women whether they have 2 legs or 4. lol. you so funny :)
That will be exciting! Babies are always fun!
Post a Comment