* Plant asparagus
*Make home made soap
Since my camera was non-compliant I couldn't share the pics, but they are here now.
The soaps:
The star shaped soaps were made by re- batching. We grated up bars of Ivory, added color, milk and wheat germ for softening properties and scent. They look pretty good.
The pink rectangular soaps were created from scratch. They need to cure for another week before we can use them. I will describe the process more in a future post.
And now the Asparagus:
First off, let me say that baby asparagus are quite cute. They pop right out of the ground looking exactly as you see them in the store, but in miniature. Asparagus shoots are so difficult to see that at first you fear they didn't work out. But they do, and they are cool!
Check out this cutie:
The really interesting part of planting asparagus is what they look like when you bring them home.Asparagus grows from a mass of grey/brown roots. If you saw it in your garden, you'd likely pull it up and toss it out.
You take this mess of 'medusa hair' and plant it in the soil, taking care to keep it moist. And voila', little shoots emerge shyly from the earth.
After a bit more research, I'll print some tips for anyone who wants to grow their own.
with love,
-E

1 comment:
That sounds fun! I am loving this nice weather, all the little garden plants are popping up! I have a LOT of pickling cucumbers planted and some dill...
Post a Comment